Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, businesses have faced many hardships, stresses and setbacks. With restrictions changing constantly it has left a lot of people not knowing if or when they can open and once opened, everything changes again!
Luckily in Scotland, supporting businesses has been one of the top priorities of the government. Dumfries and Galloway council have been given the task of administrating a new fund on behalf of the Scottish government. The “business hardship fund” will award payments of either £1000 or £1500 depending on your rateable value. You can check this on the Scottish assessor’s website. An upper limit of £10000 applies to businesses with multiple premises; in these cases, a separate application is required for each premise.
Who’s it for?
This fund has been put in place to help provide relief for businesses in hospitality and gyms who aren’t able to host group classes and operate normally due to the restrictions set in place from October 9th 2020. As well as relief for producers and wholesale businesses who supply mainly perishable products to the hospitality sector who can prove they have lost at least 25% turnover during the restrictions.
- – You must have a specific business bank account and be able to prove it
- – Your business was still operating on October 9th 2020
- – Your business premises must be registered for Non-domestic rates*
- – You can prove evidence of loss of business income due to the restrictions
- – You and your business haven’t breached the general cover restrictions
- – Your business isn’t connected to a tax haven
- – Your business is located within the local authority of which you submit your application to
*if you pay rates through a landlord, you can still be eligible to apply but need to provide evidence through your lease agreement.
- – copy of your business bank account and a recent statement clearly showing the account details.
- – Evidence to prove loss of income
Plus Any One of the following:
- -Company: Certificate of Incorporation or Companies House registration number.
- -Partnership: Partnership agreement or HMRC registration.
- -Sole Trader: HMRC registration, Self-assessment documents or valid business insurance document.
- -Trust: Constitution documents, HMRC registration or VAT registration document.
This fund closes to new applications at 5 pm on November 3rd 2020. Follow the link to apply.